[cryptome] Internet Profiling: Publishing personal reading history via lending Library

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 08:44:03 +0000

Dear Colleagues,
Care to share your reading habits right back to when you were a child with law enforcement and the secret services of the world? Help make your internet profile more truthful? You have a choice, they are supposed to be protected under privacy law, unless there is a warrant or there is some other law on terrorism, national security or you are considered a serious threat to the stability of the government.

see url: http://ajw.asahi.com/article/behind_news/social_affairs/AJ201512010048
see url:http://www.shortlist.com/shortlists/10-banned-books

Read any good books, lately...or not so lately...like when you were young and just learning about the world? Care to share what you read...or what you are reading now...:-) .

Lolita perhaps, Lady Chatterly's Lover (Unexpurgated Edition). The Covenanters. Kama Sutra...in English with pictures. The Perfumed Garden. Marquis De Sade's, Justine? Mein Kampf, Jew Suss. Voltaire's Candide, 'O', Anarchists cookbook? Not a problem...you are protected under the right of privacy and Data Protection Acts...see above url.

Or how about Hansard, or Medical Jurisprudence and Toxicology? Depending on where you live, and what era you lived in will depend on what books are banned, or were banned. When one looks at the list all of them will appear rather strange. 1984, or Brave New World, "State & Revolution", Anarchists Cookbook. "How to organise, create, manage and win a successful revolution in a day" by I'm Ah Revolutionaree, that goes down a bomb anywhere... :-) .

I was lucky in that my family were very liberal in what I read, the only books banned were Lolita and another one called "The Covenanters", both of which were easily accessible, hidden at the bottom of the bric-a-brac cupboard.

Enjoy the list, if you haven't yet read them...There is a lot more of course, but one has to get on with life, and it isn't all about enjoyment and enlightenment.