[cprufc] Clubhouse Niggles - Somewhere on the Learning Curve

  • From: "Kevin Brown" <crufc-cd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Panthers Email List" <cprufc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 18:16:23 +0100

Dear members

1.       There was almost a nasty accident yesterday afternoon when someone
tripped over some kitbags left just inside the entrance to the Clubroom.
Luckily the guy managed to stay on his feet, which was just as well because
there was a little girl crossing in front of him just as he tripped. If he’d
fallen on her there could have been serious consequences.

There were even more kitbags blocking access to the Disabled Person’s Toilet.
Not all disabilities are obvious or visible and we would ask that all members
respect the signs asking them to keep all playing kit (and that includes
kitbags) out of the Clubroom, and to keep clear our fire escape routes and
access to ALL of our facilities. Please leave kitbags in the Changing Rooms
until you leave or, if you’ve arrived by car, put them in the car before you
come into the Clubroom. The car park is now only feet away from the building,
it shouldn’t be too much trouble.

If this becomes a persistent problem we’ll remove the bags to a safer location
and, if asked nicely, might be persuaded to tell the owners where that location
is.

2.       We now have a full Premises License, which means we can be a lot more
flexible with our operating arrangements and the activities we can undertake.
However, with greater flexibility comes greater responsibility and, following
appeals against our licence application, there are Conditions we have to adhere
to comply with the Licensing Objectives. We MUST serve drinks intended to be
consumed outside in plastic or paper containers. The Club has invested in
robust polycarbonate glasses, (not the flimsy articles you might have
encountered  elsewhere).  These glasses are intended for multiple use, not
disposal after one drink, and we ask that you treat them as you would treat
‘real’ glasses. They are not cheap to replace and we need to make the most of
them. We ask that you respect the Club’s policy. If you are asked by a member
of the Bar Staff if you intend to take your drink outside please don’t be
offended. If we find that the policy is being ignored our fallback position
will be to serve all drinks in polycarbonate glasses regardless, to ensure that
we meet the Conditions imposed in the Premises Licence. As the Designated
Premises Supervisor I am personally responsible to the Licensing Authority for
any breaches of the Licensing Objectives so I’m relying on your whole-hearted
support.

Regards

Kevin Brown
Hon. Secretary