[covna] Re: Spring Fling - Postponed

  • From: Doug Tabony <covna@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 10:54:53 -0500

Paco and other officers,

The Spring Fling and the Summer Picnic have, in the past, had very different flavors. The Spring Fling caters more to families, especially ones with young children, whereas the Summer Picnic tends to be a quieter affair that appeals to an older sector of the neighborhoods' population. This will also bring down the neighborhood Association from hosting 8 programs and 2 parties, admittedly, overkill, down to 4 events for the entire year.

It seems the Spring Fling has been earlier in the past. This would allow for rescheduling without it being too close to the summer picnic. It is hard to look up because there does not seem to be an archive of old newsletters.

Sincerely,
Doug

On 5/18/2017 3:50 PM, Paco Bertsch wrote:

Hello Neighbors,

Due to the weather forecast for this coming weekend, we are postponing our Spring Fling event on Saturday. In lieu of rescheduling, we will be combining the Spring Fling and Summer Picnic into one larger event on June 24th. There will be live music, yard games, and a bounce house for the kids (possibly a face painter, too).

We would also like to invite any of our neighborhood crafters/artisans/makers to sell their wares at this event. Those that wish to be a vendor should email me directly (pacobertsch@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:pacobertsch@xxxxxxxxx>), so we can make sure that we have sufficient space for everyone to set up.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the Summer Block Party, on June 24th. More details to follow in the next newsletter.

Thanks,
Paco

*
*