[covna] Re: Death of Joe Gonzales, neighbor on Toulouse

  • From: "karen mattison" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("karonj")
  • To: covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 14:48:08 -0500

Oops, Nancy..De was the fighter pilot, Teddi was the CHS galKaren

Sent from my iPad

On May 13, 2023, at 1:59 PM, karen mattison <karonj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello, Nancy,
Thank you for sending the email about your neighbors. It is great that young families are moving into Castlewood but also sad to see the longtime neighbors leave. I can’t walk the corner house at Toulouse and Castlewood without remembering the DeClaremonts. They were buds of my parents and, of course, Dee worked in the office at Crockett. I taught the son as well.
I do have a question for your Master Woodworker:  I am thinking of having my circa 1980 ash cabinets refaced to update them. Does David have a buddy that does that sort of work? The cabinetmakers I’ve contacted are not taking any more work for 2023! This is certainly trying to my “I want it now” self!
Hope to see you soon.Karen M

Sent from my iPad
On May 12, 2023, at 7:52 PM, Paula Hudgins <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks, Nancy! Sue Maynard is our hostess for August, and she has already told me that she is planning on Cherry Creek Catfish. Yes, we have been to Texican several times. Just trying to mix it up a little. I’m thinking of Casa Garcia. Have you eaten there? I’m partial to Hyde Park Grill, but we have had it there several times, too.
Sue and I are having lunch at Casa Garcia on Monday to check it out. We shall see…
June lunch will be on Monday, June 5th.  I’d love to see you there.
Invites will go out early next week.

Sent from my iPad
On May 12, 2023, at 5:39 PM, Nancy Holt <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Paula, What is the June date for luncheon? Restaurants with separate spaces seem to make visiting easier. Cherry Creek Catfish (across from Crockett) has a room separate from the main dining area. I seem to remember our eating at Texican in a separate space, and also, some restaurant near Kohl's in Sunset Valley.   Happy Mothers' Day everyone!   Nancy

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 3:56 PM, Sheila Gordon<sheilamg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Thanks so much for letting us know.  I'm not sure that I have met either of them, but given how many people I say hello to along the dog walks, it is quite possible.  Will keep Mary Sue in my meditations and prayers.
Sheila
On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 2:38 PM Nancy Holt <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Hello,   Our next door neighbors Joe and Mary Sue Gonzales were some of the original residents in Castlewood. Mary Sue had talked about enjoying the Ladies' Lunches years ago, so I wanted to notify longtime residents that Joe died May 5. He was a kind and caring man. Please keep Mary Sue in your prayers. Obituary can be viewed on Weed Corley site.  Thank you, Nancy Holt

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

--
Associate Professor, Acting and Voice
Head, BFA Acting ProgramDept. of Performing Arts