[covna] Butterfly guide

  • From: Doug Tabony <covna@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 21:35:08 -0500

Dear One and All,

Thank you so much for your interest and compliments. I also want to thank Matt Janiga for posting it on the website. It was both a joy to do, finding so many butterflies in my own yard, a few which I knew, the majority I had never seen before and frustrating to try to see them clearly, especially from my wheelchair. After looking at them as closely as possible, trying to memorize what they looked like, I would rush in the house and attempt to find them by describing their features in a Google search and hoping my memory would match images that it brought up. I found out what one was and verified the identity of another from pictures that my wife, Jo, took by sending them to Val from whom I had taken a butterfly course. Interestingly, we recognized one another because we both played in the Austin Opera. She plays clarinet.

Again, thank you all,
Doug