[covna] Brodie/Davis Intersection Westbound Lane Restriping Request

  • From: "Tom Bray" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "tom.bray" for DMARC)
  • To: <covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 19:13:04 -0500

All,

I'm sure that any of you going west on Davis have had to wait longer at the
light on Brodie than necessary because of the common/merged right turn and
straight ahead lane. I am trying to get this changed to 3 separate lanes, left
turn, straight and right turn. If we can get several people from COVNA to also
contact the city, maybe we can get this done in a more reasonable time frame.

Please consider emailing the two contacts below and requesting the 2 lanes be
changed to 3.

Anna.Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and Jessica.Salinas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tom Bray
9104 Collingwood Dr.

The last response that I had from them was back in June, see Anna's response:

I am following-up on the email thread regarding Davis/Brodie. I wanted to let
you know we are collecting data and making observations particular to the
westbound approach. We have made a few signal timing adjustments to allow a
more consistent green time for that approach. Please note that the hatching
between the lanes is not for a bike lane but rather to align the lanes over the
loop detectors in the pavement that activate the traffic signal.

Restriping the lanes is certainly an option that we are considering. It will
take a little time however to relocate the loop detectors, grind off and
restripe the pavement, etc. Please feel free to contact me with any additional
information or further concerns.

Anna Martin

Anna Martin, PE, PTOE

Austin Transportation Department

Phone: 512-974-7105

Email: anna.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Below is my latest letter to them sent today: