[contestms] CMS 0.9.0 RELEASE NOTES

  • From: Stefano Maggiolo <s.maggiolo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: contestms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 22:17:36 +0000

Release date: November 6, 2012

Link to the package: https://github.com/cms-dev/cms/archive/v0.9.0.tar.gz

First official release of CMS.

History
-------

More than two years have passed since we started developing CMS, and
more than one since we opened the code to the public. Up to now, we
worked on CMS with a continuous development model, without official
releases and version numbers. This model has been good during this
period in which we personally interacted with almost all people using
CMS, but now we feel the need to offer more stability guarantees.

The culminating point of these two years have been the IOI 2012, were
CMS have been successfully used. Obvious reasons forced us to develope
some parts of CMS in private for a short period of time. The
introduced changes have been merged to the public repository and are
included in version 0.9.0.

Future development

We plan to release soon version 1.0.0 with no big new features but
mostly to fix the user experience: adding documentation, expected
behavior, sensible error messages, and so on.

After version 1.0.0, we would like to introduce several new features
(for developers, contest admins, and contestants). We encourage
everybody interested in participating to the discussion in the mailing
list and on github.