[CTS] windows xp processes??

  • From: "Annie Oldham" <annieoldham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 20:36:31 +0000

Hi guys, my pc is running Windows XP Media Centre Edition, but is running quite sluggishly. When I hit control-alt-delete, and click the processes tab to see what is running in the background, there are tons of programs that I have no idea about, such as: ehmsas.exe, yfhnz.exe, salm.exe, wuaclt.exe.....amongst many others. Is there any kind of online list for me to look at so I know what should be running and what I can close. There are actually 50 running...Thanx very much for any feedback. Annie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm