[CTS] two questions

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 05:36:28 EDT

Howdy,

       First off, does anyone know of a site/program/company called,
"StarrCommand Pro"?  I ran a spyware check this afternoon just after I got off
line
and this came up as a spyware program that somehow got onto my puter.  It was
listed as a "keystroke".  I ran a search of my files to see where it was so I
could delete it, but, even though a few hundred files came up in the list, none
were called StarrCommand Pro and none seemed to have anything to do with it.

       Secondly, this evening I was doing some work on my laptop and had to
do a directory on one of my floppies.  When I did, I noticed that there were 21
files named, "file0000.chk" to "file0014. chk" and "file000a.chk" to
"file000f.chk".  Another disc had only three of them on it.  What are these?  I
hope
they're not important.  I ran defrag and scandisc on these discs last weekend
(the first time through that for any of them).  Some had a lot of problems.
One was so bad it wouldn't even start up the defrag without telling me to go to
scandisk.  When I DID run scandisc on it it just said that it fixed some of
the problems.  I started defrag again and it sent me right back to scandisk.  I
ran it again and started defrag and got sent back to scandisc again, so I gave
up.  But that was NOT either of the disks of which I speak here.

                                 Dale