[CTS] Re: dropper.inor

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:22:04 +1200

If you can identify the files involved, they can be found and deleted manually fom the command prompt. Better if you slave the drive to another system and scan while it is passive. This way the virus cannot lock itself into the operating system while it is running, and should be much easier to get rid of.

Murray Reid wrote:

I picked up the suject virus. My free edition of AVG cannot delete it.
Appreciate any suggestions. Running Windows XP pro

-- Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig> ICQ number 112663246 Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786 Award winning web site at http://modecideas.com?sig Order my latest e-book at http://modecideas.com/dmaxhits.htm?sig PC-HELPERS list subscribe/unsub at http://modecideas.com/discuss.htm?sig Good advice is like good paint- it only works if applied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm