[CTS] Re: XP Home Guest Account

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:05:47 +1200

There is some information about this here:
http://www.jimthompson.net/xphome/File_Sharing.htm
I hope it is specific enough for your needs.

Ed wrote:

Okay, things are entirely too quiet here.
I need advice, please.
I have set up my XP Home so that I as admin I am the only one to log in on the puter (no one else has the password) as it is presently set up & has been since three months ago. I now want all other family to log in as guest. How do I transfer or set up guest to use the net & Outlook Express? They all currently have accounts on the admin side with OE & their favorites in IE. Favorites I can probably do. Haven't the energies to figure out the email part for guest. (been really sick for a while) Anyone with knowledge already for this task who would help?
Thanks,
Ed

-- Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig> ICQ number 112663246 Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786 Award winning web site at http://modecideas.com?sig Order my latest e-book at http://modecideas.com/dmaxhits.htm?sig PC-HELPERS list subscribe/unsub at http://modecideas.com/discuss.htm?sig Good advice is like good paint- it only works if applied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm