[CTS] Re: Unable to upgrade to XP

  • From: Hal Brown <hdb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 21:00:07 -0500

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 01:51:26PM -0800, Charles R. Buchanan duly noted:

>While I'm not `totally' disagreeing with you, because XP does have a robust
>driver set, but W2k has been very stable. At least for me. :-) Plus whassup
>wit dis activation stuff? <g> :-)
--------end quoted text----------

Win2K is stable for me, if I get the right hardware combo.  I've had trouble
with it on several machines where it just would not run.

As far as activation, as I said it sucks, and I despise it.  But, if you
want to use XP that's the way it is...for now.  You're free to use whatever
you want, even Linux, so I really don't see a problem.  If you've had
problems with XP or don't like it, or the activation is too deplorable, then
simply use something else.  That's why God allowed Imacs. ;-)

For now I haven't seen anything to compare to XP.  But there's always hope.

--
Expert:  A person who knows more and more about less and less.

Hal Brown
mailto: hdb@xxxxxxx
Visit me at: http://adwt.com
Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://questforcertification.com/cts/list_options.htm