[CTS] Re: Runaway Printer Question

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:39:29 -0500

See your private email

  -----Original Message-----
  From: computertalkshop-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:computertalkshop-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of DBCfour@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 11:25 AM
  To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [CTS] Runaway Printer Question

  I have an HP LaserJet 6P that has been printing garbled text continously
for 2 days now.  I can't find any jobs to cancel, I've pulled the power cord
from the machine, I've done everything I know to dump whatever it is that
it's printing from memory and can't get the thing to stop.  Is there a reset
button or some way to force it to dump whatever it's holding in memory so
somebody can use this thing?

  Thanks in advance,

  Donna

  P.S.  for Russ.  What do you have on hand in terms of refurb printers at
the moment?  A Network printer would be best, but not required.