[CTS] OT: Pinatubo

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 19:55:34 -0700

Although the eruption was huge (bigger than St Helen's btw), what made
this one REALLY bad was that a Typhoon was in the area and that made the
lahar that ravaged hundreds square miles around. I guess you could say
it was like falling snow! :-O

Speaking of St Helen:

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 21:40:00 -0500, "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx> had this
to say:

RB> You wouldn't have wanted to stay after Pinatubo blew it's nose in 91 - took
RB> us 2 months to get roughly 250 trucks of live ordinace out of there and load
RB> it on the Lincoln (aircraft carrier). The stinking place looked like Iceland
RB> only it was warm and sticky instead of freezing and it was dust and ash
RB> rather than snow. I learned after that to quit volunteering for the odd TDY.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm