[CTS] ME Restore folder

  • From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:53:03 EST

From Bootlist newsletter.................

 4) Viruses In C:\_restore On WinME PC

David G. asks - Apparently I have 7 Trojans in my system restore
folder. I have disabled system restore done a virus scan and  it
picks them up but says that they cannot be got rid of.  I have
tried to enable restore so it will purge the  folder on start up
but it still remains disabled when  restarted. Why will it not
start up with restore enabled?  Any suggestion would be
appreciated. By the way I am  running windows me.

*** Best bet when removing  viruses from a Windows ME PCs is to
boot with a bootdisk  and deltree the C:\_restore folder first.
Then run your  anti-virus.

While XP will most often delete the  restore points when you
disable system restore, Windows  ME is a tad odd in that respect.
Keeps you up on old dos  commands tho :)