[CTS] Re: Looking for free AV

  • From: weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:21:17 -0500

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 09:25:23AM -0500, Eric C. Vogel wrote:
> For someone. Need Win Me support. AVG does, AVAST is stopping support
> 6/30/07. McAffee 2006 does not run right on the PC so I need an alternate.
> OneCare is XP SP2 and up.

Look no further than ClamAV, IMO.

http://www.clamwin.com/
http://w32.clamav.net/

It was originally developed for *nix systems with (AFAIK) a focus on
protecting mail servers, but it's progressed far beyond that now.  Great
virus response time, phishing protecting, html attacks, etc.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C: All the best things in life are free!

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm