[CTS] Re: I'm back online....

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ecvogel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:30:34 -0400

I think you are referring to the messenger service (Not Windows Messenger.)
It is used in a corporate environment for administrators to send out
messages to users. Microsoft did not make it secure and spammers take full
use of it. Either a firewall or disabling the service will stop them.
Disabling the service is the easiest, cheapest and since you are not using
another program, it is not taking up any more recourses.
  Eric C. Vogel
  Computer Talk Shop List Owner:
          http://www.computertalkshop.com