[CTS] Dimm Slots..

  • From: CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 17:25:50 EDT

I have a question.  I just upgraded my XPS desktop memory  from 1 gig to 4
gigs..and yes..Windows only recognizes 3gigs, no problem.   My question is
this..I did a Belarc Advisor report to see if it recognizes the 2  sticks.
It does..BUT....I believe that my original 1 gig of ram which was  2 sticks
of 512mb's each, was in slots 1 and 2...I have my new sticks of ram in  slots
1 and 3, does that matter?   Should I remove the one in 3 and  put it in 2?
(There are 4 dimm  slots)          TY..Jackie
steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)