[CTS] Re: Denial of Service with Windows XP

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:13:04 -0500

> ***hahahaha..having a bad day John?  LOL

Nah, I'm just really tired of this guy -- he's been bothering me for
years, and now he dares to poke at posix sockets?  Heh, folks, take a look
at that website... One look at that hugeass font, the CAPS everywhere, and
those doofy graphics, and you should realize right away that this page
belongs on BBspot.com, not a security info site.

I'm with Microsoft on this one: there's nothing wrong with their
implementation.  ... Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll have to finish up this
email and go bathe in HCl. =)

> Prepare yourself to be surrounded by incompetent people.  It sorta goes
> w/the territory, and more than explains a lot of what goes on in the
> world that you find so totally frustrating. :-)

Oh yeah, and one thing that I forgot to mention: even if the user's
machine is taken over, if their ISP has their stuff properly configured,
the spoofed IP packets will be dropped to /dev/null anyway.

So this GRC dips**t has even less ground to stand on. :)  I'd tell him so,
but mysteriously, I can't find his email address anywhere on his website,
not even on "Steve's Page," which has a picture of him at the top.  He
looks like a former Bee Gee or something.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA

List HowTo: http://questforcertification.com/cts/faq