[CTS] Re: Card readers and flash cards

  • From: "Michael" <muirhead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:35:17 -0800

uffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with the mem cards ?
In the last couple of months I've seen card readers for about $6.00 and
a five pack of cards for $20.00
I would think they would be more fragile than the pendrives but I know
absolutely nothing about them.

They're *great*. I use SD cards for my camera... the few gigs' worth of them that I've got around here have been through hell and back, and the only one that quite on me went through the wash. :-)

Floppy drives and floppies are headed into oblivion and with card
readers selling for less than a floppy drive I'm wondering if the card
readers and small capacity cards are a viable alternative to floppies

Hell, the larger capacity ones (128-512MB) are getting cheap enough that they're a good subsitute for CDs if you're stuck for space.

for "sneaker net" use ?
Just a thought........

cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx

** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **