[CTS] Re: Anyone need 47gb SCSI full sized drives? Here's a nice price

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:59:57 -0500

I have a 14 cd Microtest Discport tower (14 scsi 12x cdroms on a 10baseT
link) but it's needed - I have 2 ols 50 pin cdrom cases that I bypassed the
stock 50 pin cables with and put in a foxconn cable in each. The cases were
for 4 HH 5.25" devices, now have 2 FH devices each and I left the front open
for air (these drives can warm your heart in a small room) but will be
putting speaker gril and foam in later for cosmetics, and to keep spiders
out (why would a bug want to be in such a hot place I could never figure
that).

I did some searching too and if you search on ebay by using the ST446452W
model in search and check the descriptions and titles you'll find tons of
these for roughly the same price. Some warranty them, some don't - I would
at least like to know they work on arrival and can swap them if they are
dead or bad (have had surplus drives that make lotsa spindle noise before)