[CTS] Re: AOL 8.0

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 08:27:59 -0600

I am able to get on the net from anywhere even with my new wireless as I
also have dial-in access for it, or if where I'm going has a net connection
I read my email via their webmail reader. AOL is great if you like it but
many people get it and feel they need to keep it for various reasons. After
I get back from Phoenix the end of the month I finally get to move one of my
clients to a regular DSL provider, get them their own domain/email/website
and leave AOL only thru the bring your own ISP function so they can keep one
customer with the AOL email via the webmail reader for AOL (they have some
reason for keeping it that way, I have no idea why) and the rest will start
using the new domain-oriented email addresses. AOL dialup worked fine for
them other than tons of junk mail (comes with having a public address for
many years I guess) each download and now they are getting attachments and
FTP downloads of product photos (they are wholesale reps for manufacturers,
independant) so they need to go to broadband and Bellsouth is a better deal
for DSL plus I can share with simple Windows ICS, or a router/firewall
easily and they get on with getting a domain name and website that they
should have gotten 2 yrs ago. They need at least 15 email addresses tied to
the company domain name anyway, it is a business after all. They handle half
a billion a year in product sales and it's going up so it's obvious that
they need to go full blown away from the simple AOL user account.

---

Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/faq

http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/other_cts_lists.htm