[no subject]

  • From: "Klompien, Kathleen J." <KKlompien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 10:51:07 -0700

One such job that I'd love some of you to consider is a year-long FT
lecturer position at Cal State Channel Islands which is up near Ventura.
The program is wonderful. The comp director, Bob Mayberry (notice I've cc'd
him on this), was an adjunct for many years and knows how to treat faculty.
The program is very small and all of the comp faculty gets a year contract.
If you're a good fit, you come back the next year.  They don't write books,
but the faculty design the curriculum together and are encouraged not to
mark on papers and conference instead. Also, you don't assign grades to your
own students.  The faculty gets together to read portfolios mid-quarter and
in finals week. So you make decisions about writing in a positive and
collegial environment. The load is 4 classes per semester, but the pay is
quite good.  If you are interested in this  (Lauren, could your send this on
to your cohort's list) email me and I'll get you more info--I tried to find
the job posting on the site and couldn't find it. If I find it you won't
need to contact me, you can just apply!

Kathleen J. Klompien
Faculty Director
University Writing Center