I need your tales!

  • From: ms lynch <amy.wordnerd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:33:17 -0500

Hi, All,

I'm getting materials together for my 4cs presentation, which is about the
difficulties assocaited with trying out new or innovative pedagogies in the
composition classroom. My theory is that while we write and read a lot about
new, interesting, innovative, or progressive pedagogy, we don't always have
the support to actually use this cool stuff in the classroom. This may range
to lack of flexibility from our immediate bosses (ie: department heads or
deans who discourage or tell us outright not to do certain things), to lack
of funds or space, to the discouraging comments of other teachers.
Complicating this is that most comp teachers are still adjunct, untentured,
or grad students, so we don't always feel safe rocking the boat.

If you have had any expereince with this, and would like to share your story
with me, I'd love to hear it! If I use your tale in the presentaiton, I will
be glad to keep you anonymous. You can email me off-list at
amy.wordnerd@xxxxxxxxx

Mysti: May I reference your trouble when you asked your comp class to write
books?

Natalie: Can I talk about the comments some of your colleagues made when you
(gasp!) had students write during a writing class?

Thanks!
Amy