Ax interview and wolf runner

  • From: "andrea wynn" <wynn72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 08:19:37 -0500

Good luck with the interview, Ax! I'm sure you knocked their socks off!

You'll have to tell him right after he gets the postcard from Italy . . . better yet, wait until a good number of senders can get down there and throw a surprise party. I would love to see this guy's face when he finds out.

And Dave--When I asked Ben about that very same thing in the methodology chapter, he said to write it in future tense . . . that the sections that would be in future tense would all need to be changed anyway (regardless of tense) because chances are better that you will find things through your work that are unexpected and unaccounted for in your pre-vision of the methods, subjects, even avenues explored within your topic, and so you will need to add a lot of discussion of these things, as well. Also, I'm really jealous of you--starting this before your 3rd summer . . . finishing your coursework early . . . running with the wolves. Go get 'em, go getter!

Andrea

From:  ms lynch <amy.wordnerd@xxxxxxxxx>
To:  comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: Happy New Year, and more
Date:  Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:06:51 -0500

Thanks, Andrea, for your input on conferences--yes, I was thinking of what we did
at the humor conference, too. I will not be reading my presentation, methinks, at 4Cs!
Good luck with the paper work! Any other resolutions out there?

Monkey postcard news: Mike called me yesterday and said he received one
from Philadelphia (that must be you, Andrea), and one from
overseas--was it Thailand? (That must be Becky!). Matthew thinks I'll
have to tell him soon. It's really driving him nuts! See, Mike is
convinced one person is doing this, and can't figure out how anyone he
knows could be in all of these places....

I had a phone interview for a position at Mount Union College this
morning (originally I was to have it at MLA, but we arranged this
instead). I think it went well, and I should hear if I'm one of the top
three in about 2 weeks. Cross your fingers for me!

Amy