[CoMoDev] project mgmt software

  • From: David Beers <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:28:05 -0600

I guess it's a good thing to be busy enough to need something better than a
task list for managing my software consulting. Any of you folks have some
recommendations?

At the moment it's just me I'm managing, but that seems likely to change soon.
I'm looking for something that will help me with long range (6 months out) as
well as very short range (what am I doing today) planning.  I'd like something
with a strong visual representation (maybe Gantt charts, but open to other
possibilities).  Of course having a companion Palm application and conduit
would be a big plus.  I don't want to shell out the $$$ for MS Project.

Believe it or not, I'm fond of Palm Desktop. I've never looked at what it would
take to write a plug-in for that, but that would be cool if there was one out
there.

David