[CoMoDev] call for Palm developers

  • From: David Beers <cervezas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:23:27 -0700

Just wanted to note that I get calls from people looking for Palm developers
fairly regularly.  Opportunities that come my way these days are probably not
going to be things that I can jump on due to other work, but if anyone with
Palm OS experience is looking for work (contract or full-time employee) let me
know and I'll be sure to notify you.

There's a lot of negative hype about Palm OS, at least in in certain circles,
but thanks in large measure to the Treo 650 the platform seems to keep growing.
 It's hard to say what will happen with the Linux-based version when it's
released in the coming year, but I'm cautiously optimistic.  As for the
upcoming Windows version of the Treo, I'm sure it will sell well over time, but
January seems like the worst possible time to release a product like this.  And
it sounds like it may have too little memory to really run Windows Mobile 2005
well.  We'll see.

Looking forward to talking about this and other things at the Jan 28 meeting.

David Beers
Pikesoft Mobile Computing
www.pikesoft.com
719-963-2319