[CoMoDev] New member introductions

  • From: David Beers <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:40:28 -0600

For those who are newly subscribed to this list and weren't at the May meeting
I just wanted to encourage you to introduce yourselves and say a few words
about your interest and/or background in mobile software development.  As with
any email list lurkers are always welcome, so don't feel you have to blow your
cover, but just know that *we* would be happy to get to know you. Also, feel
free to browse the list archive at
http://www.mail-archive.com/comodev%40freelists.org/ to see past posts.

There's one new subscriber that I'll take the liberty of introducing myself,
since he's a friend and colleague, and that is Peter Wilson, CEO of SyncField,
Inc (www.syncfield.com) in Colorado Springs.  SyncField focuses on the
enterprise handheld application space with a specialty in synchronized database
solutions, mostly for  PocketPC on the handheld side.  Peter may be taking
SyncField to the next level in the next few months, which could involve a move
out of the state (I'll leave it to him to go into this if he wants) but I'm
hoping he'll have a chance to join us at an upcoming meeting and say a few
things about the technology he uses for synchronizing application and PIM data,
as well as performing "no-touch" software deployment.  It's pretty cool stuff!

Also just wanted to let people know that I just received a $50 Amazon gift
certificate from PalmSource to be given as a door prize for the Jun 22 meeting.
 Nowadays, that's almost enough to buy yourself a programming book! :-)

David
David Beers
Pikesoft Mobile Computing
www.pikesoft.com