[CoMoDev] Meeting format (was: Welcome to David Wathen)

  • From: David Beers <cervezas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rick Sands <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:37:22 -0700

 On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:37:04 -0700, Rick Sands wrote:
> Wow... Sounds like you had a *great* meeting.  Personally, I'd rather have
> the informal discussions like that MOST of the time with formal
> presentations deriving from them only as needed.

I like the idea.  Always have, which was why we started out meeting at a brew
pub!

Let's just make it a point not to pack a whole meeting with formal
presentations--maybe go 45 minutes or 60 max--and leave the rest of the time
for open discussion.  If we don't have a presentation from time to time, that
seems to be cool too, but it's nice if we can advertise that there is at least
going to be a topic for discussion since that helps when I try to advertise the
meeting.  We don't have to say "now everyone must talk about X" but let's at
least say that someone will be prepared to start a conversation about X if
other topics don't take over on their own.

Many meetings of this sort allow for some time for just "networking" and I
think that'd be good for us, too.

David