[cochiselinux] Thanks

  • From: Mildred Galliher <gallihem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 15:27:41 -0700

Thanks to everyone with suggestions for running Knoppix on my Dell laptops.

I was using Knoppix to try out linux because it came with a bootable - run
- from - disk that let me try linux without messing with my Windows setup.
I had already planned to use SuSe for the hard drive install if I decided
to go linux.

I went to the SuSe site and found that they also had a "live" SuSe 9.1
download that lets you try SuSe without changing your windows setup. I
downloaded it and tried it out last night. The upshot is that it apparently
runs fine on the Dell 5100 and shuts down properly.  I still have the
problem with the "small display" on the Dell 1100, but thanks to you have
several leads to follow up.

As a result, I will continue using the "Moving to Linux" book, but will be
using SuSe instead of Knoppix. (Might as well train on the program I plan
to use.)

Millie g.