[cochiselinux] New Members frist Question. Evolution?

  • From: Steve McMullen <chico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:26:43 -0600

I'm a new member, My name is Steve McMullen. The Son of Dave McMullen and good
friend of John Cantral. Both of them go to your linux meetings on Sunday
evening. It was under thier instructions I joined this group.

I have a question about Evolution. At this point I have 3 boxes running RedHat
9. I configured one to check all my pop accounts using Kmail for one domain
and Evolution for another domain.

Due to the number of pop accounts and aliases that takes about 3 or 4 hours to
configure both clients. Now I have successfully transfered the configuration
of Kmail to another box.

But Evolution seems to be a problem. I transfered the configuration files I
found and the mail with all the inboxes for each account are there, but no
pop account incoming or smtp out going configured. the configuration files
are there but I seem to be missing something.

All I found to move was a Folder called evolution in the home directory.

With Kmail there was 2 directories and then 2 files outside of those
directories to move, after which all works the same as the other machine.

My question is what am I missing and where are they located?

Thanks for any hint on this matter.

God Bless. Steve