[clw-access] Re: Clockwork accessibility

  • From: Wayne Whitley <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: clw-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 11:36:34 -0400

Good Morning All,

Hi Kevin, thank you for reaching out to Temple for this issue. Support has contacted Aaron at Temple and mentioned that this has been changed already in our new version, and they are aware they are running an older version at this time.

Regards All,

Wayne.
*Wayne Whitley*

Vice-President
TechnoPro Computer Solutions, Inc.
wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
416-848-0520 ext. 325
On 10/3/2014 11:29 AM, AARON SPECTOR wrote:
Kevin,

It's one of those things where there is a grainy picture of some letters and numbers and the person has to identify and copy them below. See attached screen shot.

Thanks,
Aaron

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Kevin Huber <kevin.huber1@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kevin.huber1@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Aaron:
    Can you tell me what the visual prompt is?  Is this a Capcha?
    Kevin Huber

    On 10/2/14, AARON SPECTOR <spectora@xxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:spectora@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    > Has anyone encountered issues with the Suggestion Box feature in the
    > student web modules?
    >
    > A student using a screen reader complained that the Suggestion
    Box has a
    > visual prompt for a security code. This is clearly inaccessible.
    There
    > should be an auditory alternative. Does Clockwork have a plan to
    make the
    > Suggestion Box feature accessible?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Aaron
    >
    > --
    > Aaron Spector
    > Director
    > Disability Resources & Services
    > Temple University
    > 100 Ritter Annex
    > 1301 Cecil B. Moore Avenue
    > Philadelphia, PA 19122
    > (Phone) 215-204-1280 <tel:215-204-1280>
    > (Fax) 215-204-6794 <tel:215-204-6794>
    > www.temple.edu/disability <http://www.temple.edu/disability>

    If you know of anyone at your university or college who would
    benefit from this list, they can subscribe in one of two ways.
    1. send an email to:
    clw-access-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:clw-access-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and type the word
    subscribe in the subject line.
    2. Send an email to Kevin Huber at:
    kevin.huber1@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kevin.huber1@xxxxxxxxx>
    and I will manually subscribe this person to the list.
    If any list members wish to leave the list, or is changing his/her
    email, please unsubscribe from the list by either of the following
    methods:
    1. Send an email to:
    clw-access-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:clw-access-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and type the word
    unsubscribe in the subject line, or
    2. send an email to me at
    kevin.huber1@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kevin.huber1@xxxxxxxxx> and I will
    unsubscribe you.
    Every time an email is sent to the list, I get messages indicating
    that my message did not get to a particular address which is on
    the list because that address no longer exists.
    If you would please unsubscribe when your email address is taken
    out of service, that would save me some time and frustration in
    unsubscribing those e-mail addresses which have become non-existent.

    Kevin Huber
    List Owner

--
Aaron Spector