[climatematters] FW: Historic Week for Global Warming

  • From: Leslie Coelho <lesliecoelho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 11:34:23 +0000

To stop emails from StopGlobalWarming.org, you may unsubscribe here

Stop Global Warming Virtual March02/07/07

WORLD SCIENTISTS CONFIRM HUMANS CAUSE GLOBAL WARMINGThe Eiffel Tower switched
off its 20,000 flashing light bulbs in a five-minute blackout to call attention
to the release of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.
This historic report presented unequivocal conclusions by more than 2,000
scientists in 150 countries who spent 6 years culling the latest research.
As Dr. Dan Lashof, at NRDC's Climate Center, stated: "This new IPCC report
makes it clear that global warming is here now, and we must take swift and
effective action to stave off the most severe consequences."
CLICK HERE to read more about the IPCC report
In a related story, a think tank partly funded by Exxon Mobil sent letters to
scientists offering them up to $10,000 to critique the IPCC report's findings.
A recent report from the Union of Concerned Scientists said Exxon spent $16
million between 1998 and 2005 funding "organizations that seek to confuse the
public on global warming science."
CLICK HERE to read more about Exxon's efforts.
GLOBALWARMING101.COM: NO MORE ARCTIC?There's no better place to witness the
disruption of ecosystems and cultures by global warming than the Arctic. This
February 14th, Will Steger and his team of Inuit hunters, explorers and
educators, will embark on a 1200-mile, four-month-long expedition across the
Canadian Arctic's Baffin Island to get a first-hand look at how global warming
is impacting the landscape, wildlife, and human communities.
You can follow Will Steger's Global Warming 101 Expedition at
http://www.globalwarming101.com/ to learn what is happening to the region.

BRITISH TO SHOW 'AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH' IN SCHOOLSAs part of a year-long
environmental education campaign to combat global warming, Al Gore's
documentary will be sent to every secondary school in England, over 3,385
schools.
As Education Secretary Alan Johnson explained, "Children are the key to
changing society's long-term attitudes to the environment. Not only are they
passionate about saving the planet, but children also have a big influence over
their own families' lifestyles and behavior."
CLICK HERE to read more about the campaign.
VIRTUAL MARCH PARTNER OUTREACHSpecial thanks to our latest featured marcher
Barenaked Ladies and their "Ships and Dip" four-day rock cruise aboard the
Carnival Legend for their efforts in signing up new marchers. The cruise last
month, also featuring SGW partner Guster, not only provided fans with some
great music, but also a valuable opportunity to learn about stopping global
warming and maintaining an eco-friendly lifestyle. They quadrupled their goal
of making the cruise carbon neutral, and over 4000 tons of CO2 was offset
through participation of the band, Native Energy, and the fans, equivalent to
over 8 million miles not driven in a car. Great job!
NEW PARTNERS AND MARCHERSThis week the Virtual March grew to over 620,000
marchers! Recent partners include Diesel, Mixed Market, Girlawhirl.com, Spas of
America, Rock the Vote, Carbon Solutions Group, Zooey, professional snowboarder
Gretchen Bleiler, sports agent Leigh Steinberg, and Pro Football Hall of Fame
QB Warren Moon.

SUPPORT THE VIRTUAL MARCHPlease help spread the word by hosting a Stop Global
Warming Virtual March banner on your website, blog or online community page. We
also have a new selection of computer desktop images available for download.
We have also partnered with a number of organizations to make it easy for
donations to be made to our cause. Check out our new Support Us page for more
details.
CLICK HERE for SGW banners and buttons
Keep Marching!Laurie DavidFounderStopGlobalWarming.org

Privacy Policy | UnsubscribeStop Global Warming Virtual March, 15332 Antioch
Street #168, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
Live Search: New search found
http://get.live.com/search/overview