[claserve] CEL and CLAS

  • From: Brannon Hertel <hertelbchs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'claserve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <claserve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:10:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, all,

I wrote Rudy Sharpe, Chair of CEL, inquiring about
combining our conferences.  Here is his reply:

Brannon,
Since this is a new venture, the procedure is somewhat
flexible.  Right now, the person to contact would be
Rick Chambers.  Let him know that you've mentioned it
to me, and ask him to add your request to the (rather
short) list.  As far as I know, we have only
California and Wisconsin on the list so far...there
may be another, but I'm not sure about that.  In the
future, arrangements for the spring meeting will
probably
rest with the associate chair, but we haven't worked
that out yet.  Hope this helps.  If you need any other
information, just holler.
Rudy

It seems that our next step would be to throw our hat
into the ring for their conference.  As Rudy
indicates, we would contact Rick Chambers with this.
Carol, do we wait for our next meeting to decide this,
or do you want me to contact Rick with our interest
pending a vote from our executive committee?  Also, I
can pass Rick's email address along to you if you
would like to contact him personally.

-Brannon