[citw150] Re: lesson 3 Q5 Capturing Pedophiles Online

  • From: Samantha Torok <sailboat1030@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 08:26:11 -0700 (PDT)

I know first hand how online pedophiles are.  When I was about 12, there was a
guy online that was about.. 27 and I met him in a chatroom.  I didn't tell my
parents about him or anything, and I was stupid enough to give him my phone
number.  He used to call me and one time my mom answered the phone and told him
to basically stay away form me or she would call the police and report him.  I
didnt see the harm in it, but looking back on it, I'm glad my mom protected me
and I wish there were other precautions we had on our computer that would have
prevented it all together.
Sami Torok

Eric <erics_mi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Capturing Pedophiles Online

Since I have 2 kids of my own, this has always been a
big concern of mine. My boys LOVE the internet, and
to think there are nutcases out there that would try
to hurt them, well, it makes me angry. Although this
article is a little old, it details how police use
decoys to capture these miscreants by pretending to be
a teenage girl. I think parents need to know what
their kids are doing online at all times. I have
Netnanny, a simple program that filters out offensive
language, does not allow chat rooms or IM's. You can
also set a time limit, if you like.

http://www.detnews.com/2002/technology/0207/17/technology-538700.htm

Stay ahead of the creeps. Protect your kids.

A rose by any other name...

http://mail.yahoo.com

Yahoo! for Good