[citw150] Witucki,David Lesson3,Question5

  • From: Witucki@xxxxxxx
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:17:23 EST

Hey all,
       Part of my job has me looking over current virus threats and keeping
and eye my companies network. One of the most recent threats listed by Symantec
is not a killer like we have heard about in the news over the past couple of
years.
W32.Randex.COX is listed as a Category 2, out of 5 levels. It does how ever
copy itself accross network shares and can do so thru weak passwords. Which in
the end tests a entire networks security if even one computer gets infected. I
am glad that my virus definitions update every week.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.randex.cox.html
David Witucki
MCP, Net+, A+
(517) 974-8491

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
       - Mark Twain