[citw150] Listserv (L3-Q5)

  • From: Tyler Rademacher <tyler_rademacher2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Listserv <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:11:41 -0800 (PST)

    Internet Fraud  is a very serious societal issue, which is becoming more
and more common.  Internet fraud isn?t only just gaining some  ones and using
their numbers to buy things online.  Fraud now goes as far as trying to
duplicate  a bank or credit unions setup for e-mails and try to get you to
input your user  name and/or passwords for what they call verification
purposes.  These e-mails can actually be traced back to  the source or near the
source by checking whois databases to find out where in  the world the messages
came from or from what network or ISP the message came  from.  There are
different whois  databases for different parts of the world but it is possible
to track these  down and most will let you know that is came from outside the
database you?re  searching in and may let you know which one you need to go to,
to find out what  part of the world it did come from and will usually direct
you to that whois  database.  Although this type of fraud is  very com
 mon and
 relatively easy to give in to if not worried about Internet  fraud, it is very
easy to defend against also, people just need to be warned  and educated about
this deceptive type of fraud.

Tyler Rademacher
tyler_rademacher2@xxxxxxxxx
I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
  (Rodney Dangerfield)

 Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.