[citw150] Fwd: CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: Yer Vang <yvang2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:02:30 -0800 (PST)

  Of the societal issues in Chapter 25, I chose to talk to about Security,
specifically about passwords. I chose this issue because this is what I deal
with on a regular basis as I am a Security Administrator for an Insurance
Company. Having a strong password is critical as it stores information that is
pertinent to you that you may not want other people to see. The simplest form
of a password should be alphanumeric, at least 8 characters in length and mixed
with lower and uppercase. The password can be a phrase of a saying that's
simple for you to remember, but not anyone else.

  You can also visit this website
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/privacy/password.mspx as it will give
you more details as how to pick a strong password.

  Yer Vang

  "Silence is sometimes the answer." - Estonian

  TV dinner still cooling?

Never Miss an Email