[citw150] E-mail scams

  • From: MP Thomas <mpt4600@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: listserv <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 22:21:46 -0700 (PDT)

I decided to post an actually letter below that I received just thee other day.
I did not see it listed in the links, but it should be. I seems like I receive
a letter or two, like this about twice a week.
http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/HBHoaxIndex.html#scams

From:"joshua edward" <joshuaedward001007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:Subject:Urgent/Private Matter.Date:Thu, 29 Sep 2005 01:07:55 +0000 [input]
[input]   [input]   [input]
Dear Thomas,I am BARRISTER JOSHUA EDWARD,a solicitor at law. I am the personal
attorney to Late Mr Brown Thomas, a national of your country, who used to work
with Shell development company in Nigeria. Herein after shall be referred to as
my client.On the 4th of May 2004, my client, his wife and their only child were
involved in a car accident along Sagbama express road. All occupants of the
vehicle unfortunately lost there lives. Since then I have made several
enquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives, this
has also proved unsuccessful.After these several unsuccessful attempts, I
decided to trace his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his
family hence I contacted you.I have contacted you to assist in repartrating the
money and property left behind by my client before they get confisicated or
declared unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposits were
lodged.Particularly, the Tiger Security Deposit & Finance Co. where the d
 eceased
 had an account valued at about 10million dollars has issued me a notice to
provide the next of kin or have the account confiscated within the next ten
official working days. Since I have been unsuccesfull in locating the relatives
for over a year now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of
the deceased since you have the same last name so that the proceeds of this
account valued at 10.8Million dollars (Ten Million, Eight Hundred Thousand
United States Dollars only) can be paid to you and then you and me can share
the money. 30% to me and 70% to you.I have all necessary legal documents that
can be used to back up any claim we may make. All I require is your honest
cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. I guarantee you that
this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from
any breach of the law. Please get in touch with me asap if this offer is
acceptable by you and also include your phone number for easier
 communication.Best Regards,BARRISTER JOSHUA EDWARD (SAN)

Yahoo! for Good