[citw150] (CITW150) Assignment 5 Question 2

  • From: Lee Nickels <nickels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: listserv <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:34:49 -0800 (PST)

Assignment 5 Question 2

I subscribe to a News letter from the American Family Association
http://www.afa.net/ . Its not a bad news letter, the AFA are very pro Bible,
and tend to go after certain groups such as FCC for allowing bad and amoral
behavior and language on primetime TV. This I like, my kids are subjected to
enough in their daily travels with hearing the F word with their morning
cartoons. They do this with mass emailing; they send you a request for approval
on a topic and send the letter in your behalf. They have defended a lot of our
constitutional rights. Unfortunately they also target a lot of pro homosexually
organizations, and anti Bible groups, where I tend to say live and let live,
but you have to admire good intensions. Check it out if you want. (Yes this
news letter is arriving)

            I also subscribed to Congressman Mike Rogers newsletter at
http://www.mikerogers.house.gov/Contact.aspx I rely haven?t decided if he?s a
good guy or a bad guy yet, when I was trying to contact him a year ago about
NAFT recourses. He blocked my email for six months claming I emailed him too
much. Then he sent an apology letter rubberstamped saying he was sorry. It
didn?t seem right to wait for six months for an answer, but he helps the stat
on occasions so I guess you have to forgive a little. Check him out and let me
know you opinion. (Yes this news letter is arriving)

Have a good one

Lee Jay Nickels
nickels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men / Gang aft agley.