[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q4 "Good Times"

  • From: Angela Thelen <boys32.boys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:59:50 -0800 (PST)

I recently got an email that stated if I sent it to so many friends that I
would get $ for that # and then $ for the people they sent it to and so on.
Come on, like that would ever happen. The emails about this and that happening
I get from people all of the time. It gets old deleting them all of the time.

Eric W <eric_wohlfert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    I had this email before and I have
actually just gotten sick of getting these dumb emails that say "if you dont do
this this will happen..." or "if you do this..this will happen" so I found it
interesting to look through these sites to figure out what ones are fack and
what ones have something to them. The "Good Times" virus was a hoax. It is said
there is no virus by that name in existence today. For FAQ about this "Virus"
is at http://www.public.usit.net/lesjones/goodtimes.html Also they said it
would be very hard for a virus to get on your computer the way they were
stating it was transfer. It was said that this virus didnt need to be
downloaded to infect your computer and once you computer was infected there was
nothing that could be done. I found it interesting how much junk is out there
just because some person thought it would be funny to email something like this
around.

I got some of my information from.
  http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/HBMalCode.shtml#goodtimes

Eric Wohlfert

"If you're gonna get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess
I'll just have to stop doing stupid things." - Homer Simpson