[chaoscope] Re: Strange Attractor Music

  • From: "Joshua Moerman" <lakseru@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 17:38:07 +0100

For people who want to know how it is made:

the (still) picture represents a spectpgram, with the horizontal axis as
time and the vertical axis as frequency; the color determines the amplitude
of the given frequency band. So the image is actually read from left to
right. I think this isn't the best method for making sound of a strange
attractor, since the dynamic systems (not IFS, but the other types) create
various points at given time-intervals, so you could map those values
(coordinates of the points) into a wave-file. I once tied that, and it
pretty much sounded like noise (but that's the chaos of strange
attractors!!!)... sometimes with some resonant frequencies in it...

And is IFS a strange attractor?