[chaoscope] Re: Render restrictions

  • From: weeping moon <weepingmoongraphics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 06:46:07 -0800 (PST)

Hi Sarah, I am a user of Chaoscope and have no authority to state the
parameters of it use, but I am a graphics designer and to my knowledge,
something you create using a program can be used as you see fit, that is the
purpose of any creative program and would only be logical as to its use in a
commercial sense..

Lets take Bryce, it comes with standard textures(base), yet morphed or modified
textures are easily made, the textures that someone makes would be viable as a
commerical product, but I would think unless stated, that the base textures
could "possibly" fall under a non commercial clause as someone else created
them in their whole..

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will reply, but as long as you create the
texture, and its not something someone else has created, then I personally see
no reason for it not to be used in a commercial product..

Philip

Sara C_ <nontroppo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes. I've made some images with Chaoscope and I want to modify them and turn
them into "textures" (.jpg files) for wrapping around a 3d mesh. I wanted to
sell the textures as a set.

Is this permitted?

Thanks.