[chaoscope] Re: More about the new features

  • From: Marcelo Teixeira <euqfiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:52:33 -0300

Hi Nicolas...its looking great!
But I want to know if you will try to get a new save option like tiff oe tga, that has an alpha channel, to get only the attractor and discard the background for more compostion facilities.
And you said that an export option will be made soon too... an ASCII export so some one can create a plugin reader to another 3D package like Lightwave...

Great work!! Even better!

Marcelo Teixeira

Chaoscope wrote:
Hi all,

thanks for your comments!

More about the new features implemented so far:

Chaotic Flow
It's actually a family of strange attractors which includes Lorenz and Lorenz-84, and it will yield shapes that are similar to the latter. It's the very first "programmable" attractor in Chaoscope. Users who are mathematically inclined will be able to create their own equation, although it is far from being as flexible as an equation compiler would be. The cool thing about it is the terms of the equation are randomized when you run a search.

Random Lights
I guess most of you must be bored of the default Solid light setup by now, and full light editing won't be implemented before 0.4. This feature will help break the monotony of Solid mode. Randomness hasn't got great artistic skills, it takes a few shots before you get something worth rendering (same with attractors) but I guess it's a good compromise between development time and feature relevance.

View Resizing/Scrolling/Zooming and Render size (resolution)
These are all very straight forward features, the view window now behaves as it should. It wasn't implemented before because it was a very tedious thing to do, especially make all this work with both the OpenGL preview and renders.
From now on, when you create a bigger-than-your-screen project, the view window size is limited to the MDI client area and the view is zoomed out to fit in.

Secondary color
Since a picture is worth a thousand words I've attached a render of a Lorenz-84 to illustrate this new feature. The primary color is light gray and the secondary color is bright green. See how the surface color blends from primary to secondary as its angle deviates from the screen. You will be able to manually edit every color in Solid mode apart from the lights colors.

Nicolas Desprez

JPEG image

begin:vcard
fn:Marcelo Teixeira
n:Teixeira;Marcelo
org;quoted-printable:euQfiz Design;Cria=C3=A7=C3=A3o / Arte
adr;quoted-printable:Vila Nova Botucatu;;Rua Dr jo=C3=A3o C=C3=A2ndido Villas
Boas 1095;Botucatu;SP;18608266;Brasil
email;internet:euqfiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Designer
tel;work:14 3881-1565