[chaoscope] Re: Hyperthreading and dual core CPUs

  • From: Kay Dekker <kaydekker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 16:06:53 +0000 (GMT)

Oh wow, Nicolas, I'm really excited about how the new version is sounding - I
can't wait to get my sticky paws on it, particularly since I'm doing some
animations right now, using Ani4Chaoscope (thanks Axone Man!).  The current one
is a lovely chaotic flow type, rendered solid, 100 frames at 400x400, and I
estimate it's going to have taken about fifteen and a half hours to render the
frames. Speeding animation renders up is going to be so wonderful!

One thing that I've noticed, though - I hesitate to call it a bug, but it is
slightly inconvenient. I'm running Chaoscope on Windows XP, and I can't find a
way of running a batch render without having the Chaoscope main window and the
Batch Processing window stay open on my desktop. Is there a way to simply run a
batch render without seeing these windows, or even just have them minimisable?
If there isn't, could it be possible to have that happen in a future version?

Excited best wishes,

Kay