[chaoscope] Further development update

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:26:03 +0100

Hi all,

thanks for your comments!

The Linux/Mac topic has been debated before. The two main reasons why you'll have to wait until I release the source (and the project becomes a collaborative project) are:

1) I don't have any experience of Linux/Mac development
2) The code is strongly tied to Windows APIs

Christian's been asking for new equations: Quark is one, it's based on the "Magnattractor" equation by Dave Bollinger, converted to 3D. You can read more about it at:

http://www.davebollinger.com/works/magnattractor/

(check the rest of the site, it's full of excellent stuff)

I want to look into 3D Flames, I know it's been done before (see http://www.imagesavant.com , especially http://www.imagesavant.com/index7.html for flames) so it's doable. The thing is, it will have to be implemented *REALLY* well because of the extreme popularity of flames and Apophysis.

We'll also have a couple of "modifiers", which are parameters common to all attractors. It's like an extra step to the equation, and may change its behavior dramatically. I forgot to mention them in the development update.

I also forgot "infinite rendering", rendering that isn't limited by iterations or time. It will stop by user intervention (Escape) or if you forget to pay your electricity bill.

Regards,

Nicolas Desprez