[cedarfirememorial] Re: Cedar Fire Memorial ideas

  • From: "Bob Robeson" <bobroby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cedarfirememorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 09:34:48 -0700

Folks,

On the other hand, it's  good to look at all sides and consider the
longevity, maintenance issues of the site. My next idea (#2) for
consideration is: (Similar to the architects drawing)

1.     Install a metal roof structure along the wall to act as shade and
rain protection for the "picture / photo" area.

2.     Use the wall as the Picture / Photo display area by dividing the wall
in three sections showing "before", "during" and "after" using enlarged
photos, with narratives below. The pictures could be replaced, as needed,
showing different areas over time or just refreshed as they wear out. The
museum display board could be mounted or displayed within the "during"
display portion of the wall.

3.     The pictures would be enclosed in cases attached to the wall, with
removable plastic sliding doors that can be replaced as needed.

4.     The main walkway would run along the wall from the entrance and
return through the patio area, where assorted artwork, tables and benches,
shade trees and native fire resistive plants for education are displayed.

This idea is similar to what State and Federal Parks do in some areas.

Bob R.

From:  <mailto:cedarfirememorial-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cedarfirememorial-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [
From:  <mailto:cedarfirememorial-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>