[cec_members_2014] CEC Events Semester 1

  • From: Curtin Engineers Club <cec.club@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cec_members_2014@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 05:41:23 +0800

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick email to let all our 2014 members know of some of CEC's big
events of this semester.

*Today*, 21st March, is our first *Beers On The Lawn* Event! As usual we
will be pumping out the music out under the trees at *Upper Henderson Court*,
between the library and 204. There will be a *free sausage sizzle*, loud
music and plenty of cheap drinks for all our members. It all starts at
*2pm*and keeps going till
*6pm*. Be sure to invite all your fellow classmates down to join up, relax,
and get to know us friendly engineering folk.

In 2 weeks we will also be hosting a themed *Pub Crawl* on the *4th of
April*. Dress up as your favorite Superhero or Supervillain and come start
the night at Curtin TAV, before jumping on the bus to visit a few local
bars and clubs, then finish the night saving/ruining the day in
Northbridge. *Tickets* are on sale *every weekday* from *12-2pm* out front
of the *Basement Cafe* in building 204. The whole nights trip costs only
$15 for members and tickets are limited so be sure to get them when you can!

On the *2nd of April*, Jacobs *SKM* will be presenting a day in the life of
an engineer*,* and will include details on how to apply for the Graduate
Program. It goes from *12 noon till 1pm*, in the *Engineering Pavilion 215
room 301*, and there will be a *full lunch provided* afterwards for those
that attend.

Once again we've teamed up with CCC to have a friendly game of
*Cricket*out on the *Stadium
Oval* on the *9th of April*. It's a great chance to get away from the
computers, and be entertained by people running around, mostly unsure of
what's going on around them. If you're interested in joining the team, just
let one of our awesome committee members know before or on the date, and
we'll add your name to the list. Otherwise, feel free to come down to
support our club, as we attempt to kick some CCC butt.

If you missed out on today's *Beers On The Lawn (BotL)* then, sadly, you'll
have to wait till the *23rd of May* for *BotL 2*. Again there'll be music,
a free sausage sizzle and great times that come with chilling with your
mates having a drink on the lawn. It'll all be happening at our usual
*2-6pm* out at *Upper Henderson*, so be sure to make time to come along.

If you'd like to express interest in any alternative events this semester,
just talk to one of our committee members while you're at BotL; or stop by
our office, located in the *Pavilion 215* on the ground floor during the
week.

We wish you all the best in your studies this semester, and look forward to
getting to know you all better at our events this year.

Regards,

--
Curtin Engineers Club