[CEC-Members-2011] Upcoming Events

  • From: Daniel Sargent <daniel.sargent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cec_members_2011@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cec_members_2011@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 05:48:38 +0000

Hi all,

Second semester is well and truly under way, and we're ramping up our events
calendar as well.

Upcoming events include:

CEC Quiz Night

Who: Anybody and Everybody

When: 18th August

Where: Sculpture Lecture Theatre (same as last year) in the Department of...

Think that engineers are smarter than other students? That mechanical engineers
are smarter than chemical (we know neither compare to electrical)?

Prove it.

Tickets sold with our ball tickets at the basement, every day, 12-2pm.

$5 registration per team of 5-7 people.

CEC vs CCC Footy

Who: Anybody and everybody!

When: 17th August

Where: South Oval

We're going to maintain our good reputation of playing footy and win our annual
footy match for the third year in a row but to do that, we need your help!

All are welcome even if you don't want to play come on down and support us!
Email cec.club@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:cec.club@xxxxxxxxx> if you want in!

CEC Networking Forum

When: 23rd August.

Where: Engineering Pavillion, Bldg 215.

Who: Company reps, any eng student.

A bunch of companies are coming down to speak with CEC eng students about life
after uni, the company cultures and how to apply for vac work with them.

This is the unique chance to 'speed-date' with HR and grads, get a feel for the
company as a future employer, and make valuable contacts in the industry. It
should be particularly useful for 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students.

It's also a free event, with free food and softies for all comers.

Companies expected to attend include:

  *   Sinclair Knight Merz,
  *   Structerre,
  *   Monadelphous,
  *   Hatch,
  *   Leighton,
  *   Cardno,
  *   GHD,
  *   FMG,
  *   St Barbara,
  *   Barrick,
  *   PriceWaterhouse Coopers,
  *   Newmont,
  *   BHP
  *   and more!

You can register yourself or a group of 3-4 at the Ignite Ball stall outside
the Basement Cafe between 12-2pm each weekday.

It's going to be the networking event of the year, so get on board!

Cheers,

Curtin Engineers Club
http://cec.curtin.edu.au/
cec.club@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:cec.club@xxxxxxxxx>