[cdynsys] Carolina Dynamics - April 2014

  • From: "Molinek, Donna" <domolinek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cdynsys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cdynsys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 19:48:26 +0000

Greetings - a little more on our meeting scheduled April 25-27 at Davidson
College.

First, if you plan on attending, please fill out the registration document on
the Carolina Dynamics website,  http://www.devio.us/~ppunosevac/cdynsys/ under
the registration tab. You should indicate here if you'd like to speak (even if
you've already written me). Please sign up to do this soon - we would really
like to hear from as many folks as possible. Because of NSF regulations all
participants need to register. We will have dinner together as a group for
those interested - please indicate this interest on the registration form.

If you are not on the mailing list and would like to be, you may put yourself
on the list under the Join tab on the left side of the page.  And - feel free
to forward to others who may be interested in this list and the Carolina
Dynamics Symposium.

Lodging- a block of rooms has been reserved until April 1 (no kidding) at the
Hampton Inn, about 3 miles from campus. Other lodging options and a link to
make online reservations is on the website under lodging. The cost is $89 per
night for a room with two queen beds. You should make reservations via this
link as opposed to calling directly or from the hotel website.

Funding - because of an NSF grant obtained by Jane Hawkins, Predrag Punosevac,
and Martin Schmoll, we will be able to pay for local expenses and travel
expenses for those traveling within the Carolinas. In addition, we may have
extra funds to cover costs for recent Ph.D. recipients. We will cover the cost
of a shared room at the Hampton Inn, give a per diem for meals (so no need to
keep receipts!), and mileage for those driving from within the Carolinas.

Looking forward to some beautiful spring weather with no more snow and some
great mathematics and discussion in April!

Take care,
Donna

                  Dr. Donna Molinek

                  Professor of Mathematics
                  Davidson College

Mailing address:      Office: Chambers 3042
PO Box 6999             Phone: (704) 894-2313
Davidson, NC            email: domolinek@xxxxxxxxxxxx
28035-6999